10/30/2010

#15 Peanut Butter Cookie Cupcakes

Do you ever just get the urge to bake? Well I did the other night and as I was flipping through my cookbook, the sound of these cupcakes hit the spot. Anything based on a cookie ought to be good. So peanut butter it is! The first batch of these I followed the recipe without adding anything extra and they definitely reminded me of cookies. But all I can think about when I was making these was chocolate! So the second batch I added Reese's to them and probley twice as much peanut butter and to me, they were heavenly! This is one of those cupcakes where your going to like it as is or your going to think it needs more of something. I guess it depends on your peanut butter preference.



Peanut Butter Cookie Cupcakes (courtesy of Martha Stewart)
Supposedly this makes 30 cupcakes but both times I was lucky to get 24...

The Goods
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 1/3 cups sugar
2/3 cup creamy peanut butter (the second batch I used the all natural creamy and I found it had less flavor then the Skippy I used in first batch and I used twice as much peanut butter!)
3 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup sour cream
**Optional bag of Reese peanut butter cups

The How To

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line 3 standard 12-cup muffin tins with paper liners.
Whisk flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl.

whisked and ready to go!

Put butter and sugar into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; mix on medium speed until pale and fluffy.



 Reduce speed to low. Mix in peanut butter. Mix in eggs, 1 at a time, and vanilla.



 Add flour mixture; mix until combined. Mix in sour cream.



Spoon scant 3 tablespoons batter into each muffin cup.

the original
upgraded with surprise in the middle

Bake until pale golden and a cake tester inserted into centers comes out clean, about 13 minutes. Transfer to wire racks; let cool completely.



not bad...
amazing!!
 
Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting
This frosting is great, but if I was to do this again I would use a butter cream based frosting.
 
The Goods
12 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, plus more for decorating
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter

The How To

Put cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, and butter into the clean bowl of a mixer fitted with the clean paddle attachment; mix on medium- high speed until pale and fluffy. Stir in peanut butter with a rubber spatula.
 
 
Peanut buttery perfection!!!
Up Next....
Tie Dyed Halloween Cupcakes 


No comments:

Post a Comment