3/07/2011

#39 Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie Cupcakes

So the other day I had a MAJOR craving for brownies and maybe I wanted an excuse to use up the bag of peanut butter cups that have been whispering my name since Halloween so of course I started the search for the perfect brownie cupcake. I wasn't feeling Martha's so I went with one I came across on food.com. Which it's a great basic recipe you can totally add too. The frosting is of course the best peanut butter frosting you will EVER taste, which I've used in a couple recipes in the past. And what's better than one brownie? Two of course! I topped all the cupcakes with more brownie pieces. Is you're mouth watering yet? Well just scroll down to the end real quick and I'm sure it will be then!!!!!


Poor little pumpkins they don't know what's going to hit them!

Chocolate Brownie Cupcakes (courtesy of food.com)
The tops of these cupcakes looked just like brownies not your average cupcake here!

The Goods
1 1/2 cups sifted flour
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/3 cups sugar
1 1/3 cups packed brown sugar
1 1/2 cups melted and slightly cooled unsalted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon peanut butter extract
6 eggs room temp
1 bag of peanut butter cups chopped up
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

The How To
Preheat oven to 350degrees. Chop up your candy using a food processor or a knife. Set aside.

They even had little faces....


Melt your butter in the microwave and set aside to cool.



In a small bowl combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt then set aside.
 With the bowl of the stand up mixer combine the sugars and cooled butter and whisk together on low-medium speed until smooth.





Whisk in the vanilla and peanut butter extract. Switch to the paddle attachment and on medium speed add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.



Turn the mixer to low speed and slowly add the flour mixture, beating until combined.


Looking good but not done yet!!!
Stir in the candy and chocolate chips.



 Fill cupcake liners about two thirds full. Bake for 18-20mins rotating the pan half way through the bake time. Check the center of the cupcake with a toothpick-if it comes out mostly clean then they are done. Let cool in pan for 10mins then move to a wire rack to cool completely.



The tops look just like brownies!! Make sure to taste test these bad boys while they are still warm!
Frosting time!!!! Check out this link from my peanut butter delight cupcakes for the recipe.

Now for the brownie topper.... You make these ahead of time using whatever recipe suites your fancy. I used one from food network but only used the brownie layer.


They tasted way better than they looked!!!
Now that you have everything prepared and cooled it's time to assemble and enjoy!



Aidan approved of course!!!
Here are a few pictures of my  lovely cupcakes accompanied by a few of my toppers and wraps from my awesome store Delectable Delights.

Ladybug Party Set
Green Damask Wraps
Mr. and Mrs. Wedding Ring Wraps
Up Next...
Pink Strawberry Champagne Cupcakes

4 comments:

  1. yum! And those cupcake wrappers are so cute! I think I really can't wait until pink strawberry champagne ooooo mmm mmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, those wedding ring wrappers are so cute! And the cupcakes look amazing, of course!

    ReplyDelete