6/21/2011

#51 PB & J Cupcakes

MORE is always better when it comes to peanut butter. Let me tell you a little secret about these cupcakes... Use a whole 16oz  jar of peanut butter in the batter. Yup the WHOLE thing. These cupcakes were exactly like the sandwich hands down! They seriously remind me of childhood :) The cake had the perfect texture. The jam- I almost went with grape but strawberry is definitely the winner here! I did my favorite peanut butter frosting recipe and over all they were a hit. I did have a small disastrous moment when I was trying to figure out where exactly I wanted to put the jam. I tried polka dots and lines but jam isn't anything like frosting and it ended up oozing all over the place so a dab on top is the best way to go I found. So grab a couple jars of peanut butter and try these out you wont be disappointed!!!

PB & J Cupcakes (courtesy of Martha Stewart)

The Goods
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1 1/3 cups sugar
2/3 cup creamy peanut butter (or you can use the a whole 16oz jar like me)
3 large eggs room temp
1/2 cup sour cream room temp
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

The How To
Preheat the oven to 375degrees. Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt then set aside. Measure out your peanuts and either chop or run them through the food processor. In the bowl of a stand mixer cream the butter and sugar on med-high speed until pale and fluffy.

Reduce speed to low and add peanut butter.

Of course this was taken AFTER I added the peanut butter to the batter ;)

Add the eggs one at a time, beating until each is incorporated. Add vanilla. Gradually add the flour mixture; beating until just combined.

Mix in sour cream and peanuts.

Divide batter evenly among liners filling each about three-quarters full. Bake for 20-22mins rotating tins halfway through the bake time.


Transfer to wire racks to cool completely before removing cupcakes.
While those are cooling whip up some Fluffy Peanut Butter Frosting. Once you try this you will never use another recipe again!!!


Once the cupcakes are cool fill the centers of the cuppys with jam.

Top with frosting and a dollop of jam.


These poor guys were my first attempt and it kinda looks lke the cupcake got into a fight with the jam and lost!! LOL
 Dont forget the 4th of July is right around the corner!
Here's a collection of a few of my favorites that I've found on etsy and of course if you need a few cupcake accessories I've got you covered!!


Up Next...
Raspberry Cheesecake Cupcakes

4 comments:

  1. I love this idea! Cupcakes are so good and fun to experement with. I see you have a great little tester there. Will definitely keep an eye on this blog!

    PS...Don't forget about chocolate!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so tasty! :) Will be giving this a try in the future!

    Your newest follower,
    Laurie

    createdbylaurie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE peanut butter! These look so good!
    I found your blog up on the Etsy Rain Board and am following you now :)

    Cheers~
    S
    http://theadornedarticle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a very cute idea. I'm thinking about making them for my son's birthday. He's turning 1 this year and LOVES peanut butter and jelly!

    ReplyDelete